The Rotary Club of Zebulon is the first service club active in Zebulon. It was organized May 8, 1929. Its community service included serving as Zebulon's Chamber of Commerce until Rotarians organized a Chamber in 1946 following World War II, The club has been responsible for many programs and projects that have benefited the Zebulon area, including organizing an Army National Guard unit in 1949, bringing the East Wake Rehab Center (originally East Wake Hospital) to Zebulon, establishing Guardian Care Nursing Home, providing shelving and other items for the community library, and sponsoring contests encouraging academic achievement for school children. In 1978, faced with having no place to meet, the club joined with Zebulon Woman's Club to construct the Rotary/Woman's Club building on a site provided free of charge by Rotarian Ferd Davis. In addition to college and tech school scholarships, the club helps the youth in the Zebulon community by giving generous support annually to the Zebulon Boys & Girls Club.
Two members of the club have served as District Governor and one served on the Rotary International Board of Directors.