The Palm Beach Rotary Club was generated by the existing West Palm Beach Rotary Club. Richard L. ‘Dick’ Ray provided the inspiration and motivation to obtain a charter of the new club. There were twenty-six charter members on May 25, 1950 when the Provincial Club was started. The club charter was received by the then District Governor, Edward C. Bowen at the International Rotary Convention in Detroit, Michigan and was presented to the club in June of 1950.
General meetings were on Mondays and then changed to Thursdays at noon. Meetings were held at Wert’s Restaurant from 1951 until the restaurant closed in 1973. The building still exists and is now Charley’s Crab Restaurant. The Breakers Hotel has been the meeting place from 1973 to April 2014 when the Club then moved to the Chesterfield Hotel Palm Beach at 363 Coconut Row