What will be the purpose of the Rotary E-Club of the Carolinas?
The purpose of the Rotary E-Club of the Carolinas will be to extend Rotary to business, professional, and community leaders within the geographic bounds of District 7750 and throughout the world to those who are unable to meet traditional attendance requirements.
Inability to attend a traditional Rotary club could be the result of demanding business or professional commitments, extensive travel, confinement or mobility limitations due to ill health or disability, or residence beyond reasonable distance from an existing Rotary club. We will endeavor to extend membership opportunities to former members of Rotary programs such as Rotaract, GSE , Ambassadorial Scholars and Exchange Students who are now willing to embrace Service Above Self, The Object of Rotary , The Four Way Test and all other obligations of being Rotarians.
Will the Rotary E-Club of the Carolinas just be a “virtual” club that lacks Rotary service?
In short – NO! The Rotary E-Club of the Carolinas is not intended to be a “virtual” Rotary club. The e-club will be comprised of real living, breathing, working Rotarians doing real Rotary projects. We simply will use the Internet as a tool to manage the club and manage projects. Use of the word “virtual” in the Rotary context is deemed to be inappropriate, because Rotary works in the real world, not in the virtual world. A Rotary e-club is part of the real world of Rotary International.
What will be the structure of the Rotary E-Club of the Carolinas?
The structure of the Rotary E-Club of the Carolinas is mandated (as are all Rotary e-clubs) to have a structure similar to traditional Rotary Clubs, with a Constitution, Bylaws, a Board of Directors, Officers, and the like.
What will be the key goals of the Rotary E-Club of the Carolinas?
The Rotary E-Club of the Carolinas will have the same 5 key goals that apply to Rotary e-clubs internationally:
1. Use the Internet to retain Rotarians who would otherwise be lost to Rotary.
2. Use the Internet to attract new Rotarians.
3. Use the Internet to facilitate meetings.
4. Use the Internet to manage service projects.
5. Use the Internet for fellowship by creating a friendly community of like-minded Rotarians.
What are the planned attributes of the Rotary E-Club of the Carolinas?
Similar to the attributes of other Rotary e-clubs (pure e-club model or hybrid e-club model), the Rotary E-Club of the Carolinas will strive to have a number of key attributes, including:
1. clarity of purpose
2. commitment to excellence
3. intelligent leadership
4. sound organizational planning
5. meaningful projects and activities
6. continuous contact with members
7. harmonious member interactions and fellowship
8. careful membership development (including extending Membership Opportunity to members of Former Rotary programs )
9. close engagement with the Rotary District
10. effective use of appropriate technologies